You’re a great employer! You’ve set up a benefits plan for your employees, but you may be exposed to unrealized liability. Many companies set up a benefits plan to protect their employees but is your employee benefits plan creating a liability for your company? Here are some potential situations that we come across that can potentially come back and blow … Read More
What is the Secret to Sustainable Employee Benefits Plan Costs?
Health Spending Accounts Advantages for the Employer If I was talking to a business owner about setting up a health spending account, I could tell them that they determine how much they are willing to spend each year and have greater control over the funding of a Health Spending Account program than they do in a traditional plan design. This … Read More
Which of the 4 Benefits Plan Funding Models is Right For Your Company?
Today, the stakes are high when setting up an employee benefit plan for your company. Trying to find common ground on risk adversity, cost certainty, employee security, plan sustainability, and affordability all begin with your plan funding model. Arguably, your plan funding model can represent one of your most important decisions when setting up your plan. Arbitrarily deciding one or … Read More
How To Make Your Employee Benefit Plan Go Further
To understand cost containment for your employee benefit plan, you need to understand the cost breakdown of a typical plan. The average cost of employee benefits is about $3,000 per employee per year. Approximately 15% of that is made up of administration fees, and the rest (85%) comes from benefit claims costs. Most insurance companies say they will save you … Read More
Why is the EP3 Drug Pool Pushing Companies Back To Insured Benefit Plans?
Many companies have been introduced to ASO plans over the last few years by brokers and carriers. ASO plans can greatly reduce administrative costs, and if a company sets up its benefits plan design can minimize a client’s exposure to unnecessary cost and abuse. But are insurance companies deliberately trying to push clients back to insured benefit plans with the EP3 Drug … Read More